- Every week, since back in 2006, we have set aside a few minutes on Sunday mornings so as to devote some time to studying Bible prophecy.
- The reason that we do this is because the Bible predicts certain specific events that will take place in the last days before the Lord returns.
- We believe that what’s happening in the world today is a fulfillment of those Bible Prophecies, and that the rapture could happen at any time.
- We look primarily at events in the Middle East, specifically related to Israel because, as it’s been said; “Israel is God’s prophetic clock.”
- For today's update, I would like to talk about something that I know a lot of us prophecy addicts have been following for a number of years now.
- Namely, the nuclear attack against Israel by chiefly Russia and Iran that is prophesied in the Old Testament book of Ezekiel, chapters 38-39.
- It seems that the breaking news from just this past week has sort of revved it up quite a bit as it relates to what appears to be this imminent war.
Matthew 24:3-8 NIV As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?" (4) Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. (5) For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. (6) You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. (7) Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. (8) All these are the beginning of birth pains.
Last Monday, October 31st, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu addressed the opening of the Knesset’s winter session. Here are some interesting excerpts from that speech; “To cope with the instability and the uncertainty we are faced with, we need two things: strength and responsibility The Knesset is returning to its winter session at a time when the most dramatic events of our time are taking place in our region. The Arab street has awoken; old regimes have toppled, others are swaying and new ones are rising. … If the results of the elections in Tunisia a few days ago are anything to go by, we will probably see the rise of other governments with a dominant Islamist component. …If I had to summarize what will happen in our region, I would use two terms: instability and uncertainty. The collapse of Gaddafi's regime in Libya, the bloody incidents in Syria, the American forces leaving Iraq, the new government in Tunisia, the upcoming elections in Egypt and many other events - these are all expressions of the immense changes occurring around us. …One of these regional forces is Iran, which continues its efforts to obtain nuclear weapons. A nuclear Iran would pose a terrible threat on the Middle East and on the entire world. And of course, it poses a great, direct threat on us too. …a security philosophy cannot rely on defense alone. It must also include offensive capabilities, which is the very foundation of deterrence. We operate and will continue to operate intensely and determinately against those who threaten the security of the State of Israel and its citizens. Our policy is guided by two main principles: the first is "if someone comes to kill you, rise up and kill him first," and the second is "if anyone harms us, his blood is on his own hands."
- Subsequent to this address by Benjamin Netanyahu, the headlines were ablaze with rumors of war and who would strike first, Israel or Iran.
- I’m of the belief that this war happens at the beginning of the seven year tribulation for a number of reasons not the least of which is Ezekiel 39.
Ezekiel 39:8-9 NKJV Surely it is coming, and it shall be done," says the Lord GOD. "This is the day of which I have spoken. (9) "Then those who dwell in the cities of Israel will go out and set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and bucklers, the bows and arrows, the javelins and spears; and they will make fires with them for seven years.
- Here’s the bottom line, if the fulfillment of this prophecy can happen at anytime and it can, then doesn’t it stand to reason, the rapture can too?
- Also, if the rapture can happen at anytime, and it can, then how should my life be reflected in that, and how should my life be affected by that?
1 John 3:2-3 2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. 3 Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure. NIV