- For today’s prophecy update I want to do something a little different than usual, in the sense that I want to approach it from another angle.
- I think it would be good for us to take a look at the bigger picture of Bible prophecy by getting a better view from a different perspective.
- At the risk moving too fast I’m presupposing that you’re savvy enough as it relates to the numerous prophecies that are about to be fulfilled.
- By that I mean, I’m assuming that you’re all well aware that Syria is on the verge of fulfilling Isaiah’s prophecy found in chapter seventeen.
- In addition to this I’m also proceeding assuming that you all know how Egypt is even now fulfilling Isaiah’s prophecy in chapter nineteen.
- Furthermore, I trust that you are privy to the prophecy found in Psalms 83, and how that it’s also on the cusp of being fulfilled at anytime.
- Add to this the prophecy found in Zechariah chapter twelve, which we looked at last week, concerning Jerusalem being a cup of trembling.
- Then, don’t forget about Ahmadinejad’s Iran and Putin’s Russia perfectly postured to lead an alliance of Muslim nations fulfilling Ezekiel 38.
- And finally, you have a plethora of other prophecies like the one in 1 Thessalonians 5:3 where the Apostle Paul reveals what happens first.
1 Thessalonians 5:3 ESV While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
By the way, last week I happened upon a most fascinating chart that was actually in response to one of our previous prophecy updates about people saying “peace and security,” increasingly by virtue of the Google searches I was doing. This particular subscriber, posted this on the website; “RITA,” which is the acronym for Rapture In The Air,” after doing their own Google search. What I find so intriguing about this is that there’s a significant spike upwards in the amount of Peace and Security search results after April of this year.
In one of his posts he says; “When JD mentioned that he checks Google for Peace and Security, I decided to use custom Google searches for the specific phrase "Peace and Security" and used custom months for each month starting from January 2009 until April 2012. The graph developed was what I was hoping for. The stats increase over time, but there are also peaks and valleys like contractions. I have all the raw data if that should be posted. I also went ahead and did yearly stats since 2003, and that simply shows a gradual increase until 2009, and then it increases dramatically. Here are the yearly stats: 2003 11,700 - 2004 14,600 - 2005 21,200 - 2006 29,100 - 2007 32,700 - 2008 58,400 - 2009 89,200 - 2010 117,000 - 2011 271,000 - 2012 137,000 (Jan to Apr)”
- I share all that to say this, could it be the next thing to happen is; “sudden destruction?” If so, do you realize the rapture could happen first?
- In other words, if they’re saying peace and security, and they are, and sudden destruction will come after it, and it will, how close are we?
- I know I say this every week, but I would rather keep saying it every week because one of these weeks it will be the last time I ever say it.
- Bear with me just a little bit longer, because this is still the introduction to today’s prophecy update, but don’t worry, I won’t go much longer.
- Here’s the different vantage point I mentioned I wanted to look at, it has to do with the impact that these updates are having on our church.
- If you were to look at a before and after picture from when we first started these updates six years ago back in 2006, you’d be astonished.
- First of all, many of you started attending, then made our fellowship your home church subsequent to hearing about our prophecy updates.
- It’s because of this that I’ve had the privilege of getting to know some of you over the years and I’ve witnessed the impact it’s had on you.
- I’d venture to say that today you and even your loved ones are walking closer with the Lord, and more readied for the Lord and His return.
- Keep in mind that according to the Peace and Security chart, back in 2006 there were 29,100 and now in 2012 it’s increased to 137,000.
- The reason I mention this is because we are closer to the rapture of the church then any of us may even realize. It can happen at any time!
- I’ll bring it in for a landing with a passage out of Romans of all places, as I think it’s the “why” behind the “what” of Bible prophecy’s impact.
Romans 13:11-12 NIV And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. (12) The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.
- The bottom line is that we do understand the times, and we know the hour has come to wake up and armor up because the day is here.
- We put aside the deeds of darkness and loosened our grip on this world knowing our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.
- We’ve become so heavenly minded that we’re of such earthly good in giving to every man an answer of that hope that lies within us.
A.W. Tozer - "The more fascinated we become with the toys of this world the more we forget that there's another world to come."